Re: [Ekiga-list] Coexistence of ekiga with an ATA

Hi,
Just thought I'd add my $0.02 on this. I have a set up of 3 machines (all running Ekiga) and 1 hard phone running behind a single OpenWrt router.

To get this working I altered the port settings on Ekiga(s) using gconf-editor, and enabled both STUN and Proxy (fwdnat2.pulver.net). I have set each endpoint to use a set ports which is exclusive (doesn't overlap any of it's siblings).

Each endpoint has seperate FWD numbers (for testing) and can call/message each other, albeit via going out to the internet and coming back in again.

I think that I might have seen a similar message in the past.... I'll confirm later whether it happens if I turn off the proxying.

Note on ports:
You *HAVE* to set ranges... otherwise Ekiga gets upset. My IP hard-phone only needs 2 ports (SIP and RTP).

I'm still trying to understand the port usage, but for a single endpoint it looks like you need:
	1 SIP listener Port (ie. 5080)
	at least 2 (per reigistered/active account) UDP ports for SIP operation (ie. 5081:5089) - it seems that these are randomly randomly from this range as an account is registered/enabled.
	at least 2 (1 each direction) for RTP (ie. 8080:8089) - we'll need more once multi-line starts working... :-)

The better solution for this many endpoints would be setting up my own SIP proxy on the router, but I'm being lazy.

I see no value in placing your ATA upstream, it's ports should be exclusive anyhow.

So your set up isn't that unusual.... ;-)
Simon.