Re: [Ekiga-list] Very choppy sound with sip:500 ekiga net

My ADSL line does 330 KB/s downstream, 50 KB/s upstream.

Do You mean 50k BITS or 50k BYTES?

  That would be 50 kibibytes/s = 50*1024*8 bits/s.

  I notice that Ekiga selects the PCMA audio codec.

If 50kbits it is not enough for PCMA. Try other codec with other echo
test: ex: echo proxy01 sipphone com, it accepts iLBC that is far less
demanding in bandwith and jitter-tolerant.

  The only thing I am getting is a "Remote user rejected call" error message.