[Ekiga-list] [Test site proposal]

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Sun Jan 14 16:41:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 02:23, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le samedi 13 janvier 2007 à 17:44 -0800, Remco Treffkorn a écrit :
> > > Sure, but 500 is not a SIP peer/user. 500 is a "local" extension that
> > > bridges to the Echo() application.
> > >
> > > Am I missing something?
> >
> > I think the point was that the [general] section allows you to allow one
> > list of codecs, but the peer section overwrites that.
> >
> > If all your peers have explicit codec selections, you can control the
> > codec list for apps by the codec list in the [general] section. How else
> > would asterisk make a codec selection? It's still a sip call...
>
> My remark still stands, from my point of view, 500 is not a SIP Peer,
> but a local dialplan extension for which you can not force codecs.
>
> If you have the time to try, and produce some code that works, please
> mail it here.

Just one question then: I call 500 from my new super-duper sip phone that only
supports g.915 and gsn. Which codec will be chosen?

Here the code:

sip.conf--------------
[general]
disallow=all
allow=gsn
allow=g915

[501]
disallow=all
allow=g711

extensions.conf--
exten => 500,1,Playback(demo-echotest) ; Let them know what's going on
exten => 500,2,Echo                    ; Do the echo test
exten => 500,3,Playback(demo-echodone) ; Let them know it's over
exten => 500,4,Hangup

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT