[Ekiga-list] Problems using V4l2

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Wed Jan 3 21:23:04 UTC 2007

Le mercredi 03 janvier 2007 à 15:08 -0500, Derek "The Monkey"
Wueppelmann a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 04:34 +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> > The gspcav1 driver is V4L1 (hence the "1"). The V4L2 driver seems to be
> > under development http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Investigation/Gspca/
>
> That would explain things. And tell me that I should read (completely)
> the docs that come with things. I'll give the development drivers a try
> and see if that will work. If not I'll just use the v4l1 drivers...
>
> One small caveate is that using the v4l1 drivers I get a cropped image.
> Any ideas as to why that is, or how to solve this problem?

Either it is because the driver returns a cropped image for that
resolution and palette, or it is because Ekiga doesn't support resizing
for that resolution and palette.

Can you determine what palette Ekiga is using to capture from the
camera? It will allow me to tell you if you have to submit a bug report
to the driver or an enhancement request to Ekiga ;-)
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-
          SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net