Re: [Ekiga-list] Symmetric NAT problem

On 2/19/07, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

>From my point of view, SIP from HTTP can not work. Transmitting audio
through TCP is not a good idea and can only lead to problems.

Isn't that how skype works?

Moreover, there is no standard for that, it means I should implement it
my way.

However, I was wondering : is it broken in your case because your
firewall rejects SIP traffic, or does it only reject traffic that is not
directed to port 80 ?

Well, I just noticed my firewall rules here in the accommodation halls
of the university changed. Now they say:
Service: NetMeeting, PC-Telephone - Ports: Various Ports Open - Usage:
Used for video and audio conferencing - you may not receive calls but
you can make them

So I guessed I could use ekiga now but... ekiga still reports symmetric NAT. :-(
Should it?

Is there a way to test what's wrong?

--
 _      Damien Sandras