[Ekiga-list] Where does ekiga store all its settings?

Stefan Bruens lurch at gmx.li
Fri Feb 23 00:07:31 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2007 23:11:36 schrieb Luc Saillard:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 03:26:56PM +0000, Tom Cumming wrote:
> > I'm sure this is a stupid question and the answer is staring me in the
> > face, but can anyone tell me where Ekiga saves all its configuration
> > settings?
>
> If your build ekiga without the gnome support, you will find options in
> $HOME/.config/ekiga.conf
>
> Else the configuration is store in gconf database with is $HOME/.gconf*

For gconf, you should never directly access the information in $HOME/.gconf*,
because generally it may be different from the values which are "live" in the
gconf daemon. Some values may have been altered in gconfd's memory, but not
yet be written back to disk.

As far as I can see from gconftool-2 --help, the correct way to backup the
configuration should be using "gconftool-2 --dump / > gconf_dump.xml"
and "gconftool-2 --load gconf_dump.xml". Completely untested and just
guessing for the load part ...

Lurchi

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/