[Ekiga-list] Symmetric NAT problem

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 16:23:49 UTC 2007

On 10/11/06, Paulo J. Matos <pocm at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 10/10/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps, but I'm not confident into SIP over HTTP ...
>
> wengophone worked effortlessly. Thanks! It's unfortunate that ekiga
> doesn't work in my case since I've always been fond of Damien and
> Ekiga community.

After some months... here's a recap for reviving this thread.

I've tried wengo behind my firewall but unfortunately audio/video
reception is very verrry poor which makes it unusable. So the current
solution is one I truly hate but the only one: skype for audio, buggy
kopete msn camera for video. Skype is usable sometimes... kopete is
nearly usable.

My real question is if ekiga will support or already does sip through
http or whatever technology skype uses to allow me to do calls. If no
support is on the wishlist, why not? Is it impossible to do? Not
practical? Not a desirable feature?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk