[Ekiga-list] ekiga for roaming laptop use

Tobias Richter tsr-gnome at achos.com
Mon Feb 12 09:57:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

Ekiga works nicely, it was the only voip app that managed to
pass my NAT setup without any fuzz, and I tested five of them.

But I'd like to use it on a roaming laptop. The outgoing net
interface changes between three possible interfaces and it can
change while Ekiga is running. In such a case I have to
	a) quit Ekiga, as I cannot configure it to use an
	   interface that wasn't up on startup
	b) ensure the interface is up
	c) start Ekiga again
	d) configure the outgoing net interface in Preferences
	e) restart Ekiga, as it doesn't retry the SIP registration
	   right after the config change (maybe it does so later)
That's really awkward. If Ekiga would just use the interface with
the default route on it and recheck this if a network transaction
fails, that would be much more convenient.

Tobias