Re: [Ekiga-list] Dialing at Prompts during a PC-to-Phone call?

On Dec 16, 2007 10:39 AM, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard gmail com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 8:44 AM, yannick <sevmek free fr> wrote:

> > What is your audio system setup? Are you using jack and a patched kernel
> > with RT?
>
> I have the alsa-base package from Debian, vs. 1.0.15-2.  I do indeed
> run jack with an rt-patched kernel, but I saw that Ekiga does not
> appear to have jack support, so I haven't been starting jack before
> attempting to use Ekiga (and it doesn't start by itself).  I don't
> have arts installed.  So I'm pretty much just running ALSA...

I just noticed that all of the audio codecs available in the dialog
have clock rates that are factors of 48KHz; AFAIK my sound usually
runs at 44.1 KHz; could that have something to do with this?  My card
is supposed to be able to run at 48KHz, however, and does so under
Windows (haven't tried in Linux).  Any ideas how I can check this?

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com