[Ekiga-list] I am trying to change the device but I am not succeed.

Hi, I am trying to change the device of video of my ekiga at home from my computer at University. I already done it succesfully times ago but now I am not being succeed. I don't know what is happening.
What I am doing is:

I created a symbolic link to *.gconf* as *gconf* because the command gconftool-2 it is not aceptting a directory name starting with a point, it requires a / starting the name directory. So I done the command line:
ln -sf .gconf  gconf

And after that I done the command line:
gconftool-2 --set --type=string /home/nogueira/gconf/apps/ekiga/devices/video/input_device "Generic Vimicro 303b"

But when I verify what happend with:
more /home/nogueira/gconf/apps/ekiga/devices/video/ %gconf.xml
I verify it change not anything.

But if I verify by using the command:
gconftool-2 --get /home/nogueira/gconf/apps/ekiga/devices/video/input_device

I see that the input_device has the value I set above. But the cam is showing the images gave by the other cam and not that one I set above.