[Ekiga-list] Ekiga 2.0.11 - Long time before connection

AlbertoP albertop at aol.it
Sun Dec 30 14:36:35 UTC 2007

2007/12/29, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com>:
>>> I think it is due to your DNS.
>> Uhm... strange. Using other softphone the problem is not present.
> Ekiga has a limitation : it does DNS SRV requests even when it is not
> needed. For some obscure reasons, some DNS servers react badly to that
> behavior.

You're right: I tried to switch to OpenDNS and the problem disappears.

>> Is it possible to set manually the DNS server which Ekiga uses?
> No, it is a system setting.

And... is it possible to manually set the IP address of the SIP
service in the "Registrar" field to avoid this problem?

>>> If you use the unstable SVN snapshot from http://snapshots.seconix.com,
>>> the problem should disappear.
>> Do you mean this file?
>> http://snapshots.seconix.com/debian/pool/main/e/ekiga-snapshot/ekiga-snapshot_20071107-03.orig.tar.gz
>> Is there a precompiled version?
> Yes, there should be precompiled versions in that repository.
> Yannick will probably tell you more about this, but there should be
> information in the mailing lists archives and in the wiki on
> wiki.ekiga.org.

Uhm... the Release file of the repository is empty:
http://snapshots.seconix.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy/main/binary-i386/Packages

--
Alberto