[Ekiga-list] Ekiga 2.0.11 - Long time before connection

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Dec 29 16:22:57 UTC 2007

Le samedi 29 décembre 2007 à 15:44 +0100, AlbertoP a écrit :
> 2007/12/29, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com>:
> >> I'm an Ekiga user and my operating system is Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy.
> >> I wish to inform you that Ekiga takes a very long time (about 40
> >> seconds) to establish a connection.
> >> My SIP provider is EuteliaVoip (www.euteliavoip.com), which offers a
> >> geographic number.
> >> When I try to call my VoIP number using my mobile phone, I have to
> >> wait a long to hear the ring tone both in the softphone and in the
> >> mobile phone.
> >> I have the same problem when I try to call someone using Ekiga.
> >> I've tried also Linphone and I discovered that this is a
> Ekiga-related problem.
> >> Also on Windows, using X-Lite, everything works well.
> >> I like Ekiga and I don't want to switch to another software.
> >> Can you please solve this bug?
> >> Feel free to ask if you need more details.
> >
> > I think it is due to your DNS.
>
> Uhm... strange. Using other softphone the problem is not present.

Ekiga has a limitation : it does DNS SRV requests even when it is not
needed. For some obscure reasons, some DNS servers react badly to that
behavior.

> Is it possible to set manually the DNS server which Ekiga uses?

No, it is a system setting.

> I want to specify that I'm behind a NAT and I must use a STUN server
> (stun.ekiga.net).
>
> > If you use the unstable SVN snapshot from http://snapshots.seconix.com,
> > the problem should disappear.
>
> Do you mean this file?
> http://snapshots.seconix.com/debian/pool/main/e/ekiga-snapshot/ekiga-snapshot_20071107-03.orig.tar.gz
> Is there a precompiled version?

Yes, there should be precompiled versions in that repository.
Yannick will probably tell you more about this, but there should be
information in the mailing lists archives and in the wiki on
wiki.ekiga.org.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net