[Ekiga-list] Ekiga stable: Can't register in Vbuzzer any more; Twinkle works fine

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 22:33:43 UTC 2007

--- Ari El <ari.reads at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I think the vbuzzer folks recently upgraded their proxy. Since then, I
> can't get ekiga to register. Twinkle and  Xlite still work fine.
>
>    I traced a registration attempt; for some reason ekiga is not answering
> the password challenge.
>
>    I opened a test account (is free) to save you the trouble, in case you
> want to replicate the problem:
>
>    Proxy / registrar: vbuzzer.com:80
>    username: test1ekiga
>    password: 12345
>
>    It would be great to get ekiga working again with them.
>
> Thanks!
> --

The account can also be registered from OpenWengo; I do reproduce the problem in Ekiga.

IMO Ekiga's problem is that its  GUI does not have a way to enter port number;
in OpenWengo there is a separate form in the GUI for proxy port number.

At all, Ekiga's GUI is not convenient compared to other UAs.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/