[Ekiga-list] trace of problem getting Ekiga to workin Kubuntu gutsy

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Tue Dec 4 21:58:34 UTC 2007

Sergei Steshenko a écrit :
> Is this GNOME philosophy to use another (gconf, gconftool-2) tool to edit settings ?
>
> If yes, why ?

Gconf is a system, where you have a daemon managing preferences for
programs.

Programs use libgconf to connect easily to the daemon and handle
preferences.

There is a gconftool-2 commmand-line tool to make it scriptable, and you
could install gconf-editor to have a nice gui.

But users are not supposed to access their config directly like this :
it's just because you have a very specific need that we point you to it.

Snark on #ekiga