[Ekiga-list] ekiga-list Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1, Message 3.

Ian Murdoch ianyoli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 01:40:56 UTC 2007

Hi Damien,
Thank you for your quick response. I immediately opened Ekiga in Feisty and
went to internet settings and found that the ppp0 address was not present in
the list of alternative interfaces, only eth1 and eth2 were displayed. This
I had experienced previously when investigating non-registration. I closed
Ekiga because I had to leave the computer briefly. When I returned, I opened
Ekiga again. This time the ppp0 interface was displayed! So I selected it,
clicked on "apply", closed and then re-opened Ekiga and my two accounts were
instantly registered. I called 500 at ekiga.net and it worked perfectly. As
feedback I mention that the delay was almost zero before my voice was played
back to me. I also made an international call to the U.K. as a final test
and everything was AOK, with quality equal to that which I am accustomed in
Dapper. So Ekiga is up and running in Feisty, albeit with some uncertainty
when starting. Thanks again for your help. If you have any thoughts about
the initial non-appearence of the ppp0 interface, please let me know. I note
your comments with regard to the Ekiga server being offline due to a power
failure and I think you are correct in your analisis.
Finally, is it possible for you, or another member of your team, to give me
some guidance on the  continuing problems I am experiencing in my efforts to
get my webcam functioning in Ekiga and which are described in my original
posting to this string. My decision to migrate to Feisty was specifically
caused by my need to upgrade to Ekiga 2.0.11, which was not easy to
accomplish in Dapper, and which offered greater prospects of success with my
webcam project. Although this migration has resulted in some advances with
the webcam, there remain serious difficulties to resolve. So I remain in
need of expert help. The way forward is by no means clear to me. I will
appreciate your comments. Regards,  Ian Murdoch.

Message 3: