Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga dialing from a web browser

Julien Puydt wrote:
Catalin Catana a écrit :
Hello,

I'm trying to build web based complex address book  application.
I've registered the protocol h323: with the OS and it's running
ekiga with the following command:
ekiga -c "%s"
actually on windows xp registry i have ekiga.exe -c "%1" (i just mentioned it to make it clear that
the h323 protocol was properly configured on my machine)
If ekiga is closed and i click on a link in my browser like h323:102
the OS will start ekiga using the above command and it will automatically
dial the 102 extension, which is exactly what i needed.

Now if ekiga is already running and i'm clicking on the same link it's
trying to open a second instance which brings up the following error:
"Ekiga is running already !" instead of  dialing the 102 extension again.

Is this a bug , or am i doing something wrong ????

It's not normal.

Is the following feature already build in ekiga or i'm trying to do something
that doesn't have yet the proper support.

No, the support is supposedly there.

I just want to be able to click on links like "h323:extension" directly from a web
browser and have ekiga automatically dial that extension.

Should work. Yannick had a nice trick to enable the same with a presence-enabled button (using SIP and not H.323 though) -- I'm sure he'll gladly post it in answer ;-)

P.S. I'm running ekiga on WinXP.
I'm using the latest (2.0.9-BETA) build provided on ekiga.org.

Ah! So that's it! Probably a bug in the win32 port. Vincent will certainly have a look.
I look forward to hear from Vincent.
Don't we have 2.0.10beta there?
http://www.ekiga.org/index.php?rub=5&path=windows/windows
according to the above page the latest build for windows is 2.0.9-beta
Snark on #ekiga