[Ekiga-list] G729 codec

Michael mshahwan2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 03:45:57 UTC 2007

Damien and Craig:

Can I donate X amount so that Ekiga can be certified to work
‘optimally’ with G729 via Asterisks on Xubuntu?

Currently I see that there are several comments of the
community members trying to get it to work. For example, Jure Petrovic code is
posted, but we cannot use it if it is not optimal. We need to be sure it is
supported so that as new versions of Asterisks, Ekiga and Xubuntu will function
in the future. In addition a simplified installation method would be a big plus.

Conclusion, how much would we need to donate so that there
is a version issued by the Ekiga community? It would support G729 via Asterisks
on Xubuntu assuming proper licenses are purchased.