[Ekiga-list] Failed attempt to register with CISCO SIP server

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Apr 12 07:58:24 UTC 2007

Le mercredi 11 avril 2007 à 22:26 +0200, Matej Cepl a écrit :
> Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> writes:
> > Then you are trying to call something at fwd.pulver.com, which fails.
> > Not sure what you are trying to do.
>
> Well, the problem is that the call to pulver.com fails -- it
> perfectly works when using ekiga.net registration or when using
> twinkle with the RedHat registration. Anyway, I tried also local
> (i.e., SIP-only CISCO) calls and the result was exactly the
> same -- it looks as if the call is made, but I never get the
> active call display (on the first tab), or the ekiga says that
> the call failed.

What I would suggest is to debug each problem at a time.

Let's concentrate on the CISCO one.

Is it possible for you to send me (even off-list) a -d 4 output of the
following :
- registration to the CISCO
- call using the CISCO

That way, we concentrate on one thing only.

> Anyway, I hope that some more knowledgeable people from Red Hat
> will be talking with you about these problems on -devel list, so
> I just should shut up and wait until the problem is resolved.
>
> Thanks for replying to this clueles luser,

Don't think you are clueless, your debug output has been very useful
until now to find possible causes to your problem. Just keep in mind
that we are sometimes awfully busy and that makes our answers sometimes
too short and probably sound arrogant, which is not the intention :)

Thank you for your help !
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net