Re: [Ekiga-list] Calling outside landlines.

On 9/24/06, Dave Sampson <dsampson ncf ca> wrote:
Well I got a PC to Phone account up and working fine. But I have to say
it took alot of trust to use an outside service that I never heard of.

Same for me.  Except that I didn't totally go on trust.  I searched for what information that I could find on Dreamtime.net/Diamondcard.us and found no records with the Better Business Bureau, and also no negative posts about them on several VOIP forums.

Maybe even a page explaining the choice of vendor, who they are and the
relationship they have with EKIGA. it felt like giving my money to a
stranger. Anyone else feel the same?

Definitely.  I spent a long time trying to find out about who Stephen Karrington and Diamondcard.us (not to be confused with diamondcard.net) were and could not find out much.   Given that this company is given as the default in the setup it would be useful if the developers were to release a little more information about it.

I asked on this list a week or so ago if anyone had any experiences with them and heard nothing.

Best wishes,
Oisin