[Ekiga-list] cannot receive incomming telephone calls

Sick Twist thesicktwist at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 20:42:42 UTC 2006

>From: Jan Schampera <jan.schampera at web.de>
>To: ekiga-list at gnome.org
>Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] cannot receive incomming telephone calls
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 00:52:38 +0200
>
>On Linux, a
>netstat -ulpA inet
>should give results.
>
>J.
>
>PS: But you're not on SELinux or something similar?

Thanks for the netstat help. I'm running Ekiga on the development version of
Ubuntu Edgy Eft. Not sure what SELinux stuff is enabled (if any). There is
no software firewall running but I am behind a router.

Below is a link to more debug output that shows Ekiga accepting the first
few incomming calls but after that it no longer displays the incomming call
message. The calls start to go immediately to voice mail:
http://pastebin.ca/185306

The line in the above output that interested me was this:

"2006/09/28 16:14:54.733   1:24.827        Opal Listener:8379af8 Listen  UDP
select error: Interrupted system call"

That message seems to occur right before the incomming calls start being
ignored.

Here is the output of netstat when Ekiga is able to accept calls:
http://pastebin.ca/185293

And here is the output of netstat when Ekiga is _not_ able to accept calls:
http://pastebin.ca/185294

I hope this helps.

Jonathon