[Ekiga-list] Problem running eìkiga with tiscali voip router

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Sep 7 07:38:22 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 07 septembre 2006 à 06:48 +0200, Alessio Dessi a écrit :

> 2006/9/6, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com>:
>         Le mercredi 06 septembre 2006 à 19:35 +0200, Alessio Dessi a
>         écrit :
>         > Tiscali kept my fix phone number .. and I'd like to stick
>         with it but
>         > Iwould like to be able to do pc-pc call or even use another
>         provider
>         > to call aout of Italy....
>         >
>         > Is there no way to use different port instead ?
>         >

>         The problem is that it filters out outgoing requests directed
>         to port
>         5060. All providers have their SIP service running on port
>         5060. Asking
>         them to change that port doesn't seem reasonable :)
>
> What about telling ekiga to used a different range of ports?
>
> Is it possible?
>
> or If is not possible asking diretcly to Ekiga to change port, do you
> think that setting uo somef orwarding rules on the PC running Ekiga to
> forwad the port used to different ones could works?

Read again carefully my explanation.

When you contact ekiga.net, you send a SIP message to ekiga.net, port
5060. Your router is seeing that you are sending a SIP message somewhere
to port 5060, so it decides it is not a good idea, and directs that SIP
message to Tiscali instead of ekiga.net

There is no way to change that, as soon as a provider will use 5060 (the
default SIP port), then the message will be dropped.

That has nothing to do with the range of ports that Ekiga is using.
That's a problem with the destination of the message.

My advice: change your provider.

--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net