Re: [Ekiga-list] Why does Ekiga throw away the first 3 seconds of sound?

Le dimanche 22 octobre 2006 à 18:03 +0200, Bent Bagger a écrit :
> I have noticed that Ekiga is a slow starter and that the first 3
> seconds of a conversation are not reproduced by Ekiga.
>
> I see this when I connect to e.g. my echo serveice at my own Asterisk.
> You probably know the opening: "You are about to enter an echo test.
> In this mode everything you say etc etc". When I use Ekiga, the first
> thing I hear is "In this mode everything..."
>
> If I use Xlite then everything is reproduced from the very beginning.
>
> Is this behaviour a feature or an error? It makes it a bit difficult
> to access e.g. the voicemail mailbox, since most of the prompt
> disappears.

That's a problem on the Asterisk side. Probably it starts sending the
message too early. I have never noticed that problem anywhere else. (or
perhaps your device is exceptionally slow to open).
--
 _      Damien Sandras
v_/_    NOVACOM        : http://www.novacom.be/