[Ekiga-list] Poor audio quality

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Fri Oct 20 07:27:39 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 19 octobre 2006 à 21:25 +0100, Mario Rossi a écrit :

> If I use the hardware directly the quality improves but I still have
> some problems when I set the full screen.
>
> Is there any setting that could affect audio quality?

If it happens when you set to fullscreen, you are probably using too
much CPU ressources.

Be careful also that you are perhaps wasting your bandwidth with too
large video transmission or too high settings.

Just check the value of your jitter, it will help a lot to determine if
there is a problem related to CPU/Bandwidth (if it goes over 500ms, then
the problem is at this side, if not, then the problem is on the ALSA
side).
--
 _      Damien Sandras
v_/_    NOVACOM        : http://www.novacom.be/