Re: [Ekiga-list] logitech quickcam messenger: video image not scaled

Le dimanche 19 novembre 2006 à 16:47 +0100, Christoph Groth a écrit :

> >> Other programs (like gqcam) show the image in 320x240, uncropped.
> >>

> > Sure, but what happens if other programs request the same size than
> > Ekiga to the driver? (176x144 or 352x288) ?
>
> I'm new to V4L.  If you give me a hint how to try this out, I will do
> it.

Xawtv has  parameters for that.

Actually, if Ekiga asks for 176x144 and the driver doesn't support, the
driver should tell it to Ekiga and Ekiga should be able to capture at a
higher resolution and resize the image.

However, some drivers do things differently and will send back a cropped
image instead of telling that the resolution is not supported.

So it could be a limitation of the driver, or a bug in Ekiga (that
wouldn't support resizing for the given palette).
--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net