Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 2.0.3. calls for version 1.10.1 of libpt_linux_x86_r

Hi Damien

On 16/11/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

That means that when Ekiga was compiled, it linked against the old
libpt_linux which was still present in /usr/lib.

Your argumentation sounds convincing but I'm afraid that it does not
stand. I did the following:

- I deleted the old directories (opal-2.2.2, pwlib.1.10.1 and ekiga-2.0.2.)
- I furthermore deleted ekiga-2.0.3 and unpacked the tar file once more
- I deleted the link I had made from the 1.10.1 library to the 1.10.2 library
- I rerun the build (./configue, make and make install)

but Ekiga still comes out with the message:

ekiga: error while loading shared libraries:
libpt_linux_x86_r.so.1.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

when I run it.

If I didn't know better, I would conclude that the library version is
somehow hard-wired into Ekiga...

The symlink you created is potentially dangerous and could lead to
unexpected crashes if the library is binary incompatible with the older
1.10.1.

I hope not, and I believe it is safe, because even if Ekiga *thinks*
it links to the 1.10.1 version it is actually linked to the 1.10.2
version.

This is furthermore borne out by my tests: All the call I have made
have been successful, including the one to 500 ekiga net - video end
everything.

Kind regards,

Bent