Re: [Ekiga-list] Call latency

Hi,

Le mardi 14 novembre 2006 à 09:10 +0000, Johan Brannlund a écrit :
> Hi. I just read a comment by Damien that dmix causes quite a bit of
> latency, so I tried turning it off by selecting the "ATI IXP" device
> (the name of my sound card) instead of the "Default" device and the
> difference was very noticeable.
>
>  I don't have any hard numbers, but roughly speaking the latency went
> from "annoying" to "insignificant".
>
> Is there anything that can be done about the dmix latency? Are the alsa
> developers aware of the problem?

I think so, I had reported a bug, but they do not really care I think.

However, somebody has found a workaround in PWLIB to improve things, it
will be available from 2.0.4.
--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net