[Ekiga-list] Receiving SIP RTP before media description [was ekiga answers with delay ...?]

Craig Southeren craigs at postincrement.com
Mon Nov 27 22:16:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:17:57 +0100
Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:

..deleted

> I found out what the problem was... I never really noticed it because I
> do not use the sound events in Ekiga.
>
> However, when using the sound events, there is a dial tone that is
> played every 3 seconds. That dial tone lasts for about half a second,
> that is the time during which incoming audio is being lost.
>
> I have changed Ekiga so that a dial tone is only played when the remote
> endpoint signals it is ringing (which is not the case with an echo
> test).

This is excellent news :)

I am glad the problem is fixed and we can move on to more fixing other
problems

> I apologize Craig for having lost your time, but you put me on the right
> track!

It was not lost time. I learnt a lot more about SIP and a serious
problem was fixed - that sounds like useful work to me :)

BTW: - I noticed from the log file you posted that were lots of SIP
messages to do with presence. It certainly looks like you have been busy!

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs at jabber.org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting