[Ekiga-list] Receiving SIP RTP before media description [was ekiga answers with delay ...?]

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Mon Nov 27 22:17:57 UTC 2006

Le lundi 27 novembre 2006 à 10:15 +1100, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:01:28 +0100
> "Bent Bagger" <bbagger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have uploaded the trace to Savefile.com
> >
> > http://www.savefile.com/files/293084
>
> Thank you for taking the time to do this, because hopefully we can now
> move on to solving the actual problem rather than continuing the rather
> ridiculous discussion about how to guess the contents of an RTP packet :)

I found out what the problem was... I never really noticed it because I
do not use the sound events in Ekiga.

However, when using the sound events, there is a dial tone that is
played every 3 seconds. That dial tone lasts for about half a second,
that is the time during which incoming audio is being lost.

I have changed Ekiga so that a dial tone is only played when the remote
endpoint signals it is ringing (which is not the case with an echo
test).

I apologize Craig for having lost your time, but you put me on the right
track!

Thanks.
--
 _      Damien Sandras