[Ekiga-list] No audio - small red exclamation icon

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Nov 18 13:04:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

Le samedi 18 novembre 2006 à 12:46 +0100, Velko Hristov a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to connect with ekiga to my parents and the video
> connection is OK. After we connect they get an audio error message and a
> small red exclamation icon is shown over the main ekiga icon in the
> system tray. Initially I thought it may indicate a sound card full
> duplex problem and urged them to buy another sound card. Now with the
> new one the problem persist.

I would say that another process is locking the soundcard. If they are
using Ubuntu, there are many bugs. One of them is that ESD is always
locking the soundcard, even when it is told not to lock it at all.
That's one of the numerous bugs in the distribution.

> I tried to look up google and the mail archives about this problem but
> looking for "small red exclamation" has not been the most rewarding
> experience. Could somebody tell me what this icon means?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. There is no exclamation mark icon in
Ekiga, and I have never coded something that would display such an
exclamation mark in the status icon. Perhaps they can do a screenshot?

--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be