[Ekiga-list] Newbie getting started problem.

Typhoon typhoon at aanet.com.au
Tue Nov 7 21:34:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:14:30 +0100
"Erik P. Olsen" <erik at epo.dk> wrote:

> I am trying to setup Ekiga so that I can communicate with other
> PC-users, in particular my daughter in New Zealand. She is on Windows
> XP and I am on Linux (Fedora Core 5). Is there a piece of
> documentation which step-by-step explains how to setup Ekiga
> especially for communication between the Linux and Windows worlds? A
> documentation I could start reading before asking silly questions?

Hi Erik,
I talk from Australia with my daughter in the USA all the time. She uses
Gizmo on a Windows machine. I have found it easiest to set up a Gizmo
account for myself as well. Ekiga works very well with it.

You can't do Ekiga <-> Gizmo instant messages, but if that is important
to you, Gaim works well with the Gizmo client.

HTH,
Alan