[Ekiga-list] Ekiga.net peering - and 'call me'

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Sun Nov 5 17:57:35 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 05 novembre 2006 à 16:37 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le dimanche 05 novembre 2006 à 16:23 +0100, Bent Bagger a écrit :
> > Which other SIP network providers does ekiga.net peer with. I have
> > searched but not found anything.

Hi Bent,

I've put some informations about this here in french.
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org//applications/ekiga#communications_avec_les_telephones_fixesmobiles
If you have interest in one provider in particular, I can translate
here. But be aware, this came mostly from writings I found on the net.
There is no quality assurance.

> > I miss a 'call me' feature on ekiga.net but having the possibility to
> > call myself by way of  another network may act as a 'poor man's call
> > me'.
> >

> Do you propose yourself to code the "rich man's call me" and implement
> peering?
>
> The software we are using is a combination of SER and Asterisk.
>
> And unfortunately, I don't have the time to improve the situation right
> now, or I would have to cancel the development of Ekiga for a few weeks,
> which is not a good idea.
>
> The mailing list, the bugzilla (mainly due to the unstable Edgy that was
> released a few days ago), the website, the documentation, Ekiga itself,
> ekiga.net are taking a lot of time, and unfortunately my spare time is
> not extensible.

Damien, I proposed you to do some work on the design of ekiga.net, using
the template system of SER, but since Bent and I are working on some
documentation about asterisk+ekiga, I've delayed this to later.

We should be able to provide how-to install asterisk (i've compiled it
libpri+zaptel modules+asterisk, not particularly difficult) / use
asterisk in a LAN on the router / use asterisk as a local gateway (ekiga
and asterisk on the same machine). We will probably need more work on
NAT issues. Currently we have problems with incoming calls from
ekiga.net.

Regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick at ekiga.net