[Ekiga-list] Suggestion: a front end hook for ekiga

My sound card is rather complex as viewed by ALSA. To use ekiga, I need
to launch alsamixer or one of its variants and set at least 4 different
controls which are not very memorable.

Instead I have used alsactl to store the configuration in a special
"ekiga-alsa.cfg" file. Then I can use
alsactl -f /path/ekiga-alsa.cfg restore ; ekiga &

In fact, I just wrap that up as a tiny little bash script called
ekiga_go. I would probably forget that path = /usr/local/etc/ otherwise :-)

This is probably re-inventing the wheel, but should ekiga have a
facility to run a custom sound set-up script at start up? Or have I
missed the documentation?

A E Lawrence