Re: [Ekiga-list] STUN registration

Hi,

Le mercredi 29 novembre 2006 à 22:54 +0100, Wolfram Wagner a écrit :
> Hello,
> I ran into problems which could not be solved by myself... Maybe you
> know quick answers. Manual, FAQ and Google have been checked
> already ...
> My setup:
> I am connected to Internet via a Fritzbox Surf & Fon2+. It delivers
> IP-Phone functions and blocks port forwarding to LAN of UDP 5060 to
> 5063 because they are likely used by this device itself...

Not sure, but I would have thought a Fritzbox was able to play the role
of a SIP outbound proxy.

> I guess, this is one of my problems.
>
> But at first, I always get timeouts when I try to register. I double
> checked my account and password on ekiga.net, then configured again and
> sniffed the traffic, still finding a SIP 404 message (unknown user)...

A timeout is different from a 404.

Please post a -d 4 output somewhere (pastebin.ca) so that we can analyze
what the problem is.

> A second problem is: I try to establish a connection to another ekiga in
> standard setup. This works more or less as long as we use H.323.
> Picture was fine, but voices have been heavily distorded. My partner is
> sometimes reaching me in a Donald duck voice, high and much faster as
> spoken and my voice comes in much slower and deeper...
> We have already tried different codecs. If we turn of video, sound is
> better most of the times.
> Is this because bandwith is not high enough for audio? Restriction video
> bandwith did not really help.

It is most likely due to a problem with the ALSA libraries.
Try to see on both sides if :
arecord -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 8000 -f S16_LE - | aplay -D plughw:0,0 -c
1 -r 8000 -f S16_LE -

and

arecord -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 16000 -f S16_LE - | aplay -D plughw:0,0 -c
1 -r 8000 -f S16_LE -

Work as expected.

If you are using the "Default" device in Ekiga, please try -D default
instead of -D plughw:0,0

--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-