[Ekiga-list] No video images from webcam in Ekiga for Windows

Frank Lynch frank.lynch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 01:29:16 UTC 2006

>Le mardi 14 novembre 2006 à 20:08 +0100, Jan Schampera a écrit :
>> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:50:04 -0500 (EST)
>> Robert Fraser <windy_willows_01 yahoo ca> wrote:
>>
>> > I used a  shareware program called 263Set to test the webcam. This
>> > program uses "Video for Windows/Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32)"
>> > to capture images from a webcam like Ekiga does. The program
>> > displayed images from the webcam.
>>
>> Maybe the cam doesn't send the required format or so. I have no
>> expirience with that, just a sidenote.
>>

>Same here.
>
>In other words, you are on your own :(
>--
>Damien Sandras

I'm in the same boat here, (tested with 2 different logitech webcams
on both XP and win2k) and I get nothing but green :-(

I understand that ekiga can interoperate with Windows Live messenger
on XP, but I'm at a loss for w2k. If anyone knows of a windows 2000
compatible client that is capable of interoperating with ekiga (using
video SIP, H.323 etc) I'd really appreciate a pointer/link.
thanks & regards,
--Frank