[Ekiga-list] I register to ekiga.net and diamondcard but I can't call 500 at ekiga.net

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Fri Aug 18 15:10:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

Le vendredi 18 août 2006 à 10:07 +0000, jerome at collinrichard.info a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was the one who asked about how to troubleshoot Ekiga a few days
> earlier.
>
> Your answers helped me very much and I thank you for that
>
> I now successfully register to ekiga.net and diamondcard using siproxd as
> sip proxy.
>
> But I can't call 500 at ekiga.net nor anyone else.

Can you post a -d 4 output?

> I'm not really sure to understand how does the SIP / RTP proxy work.
>
> Does ekiga send all the data (SIP and RTP) via the tcp IP/Port of siproxd
> (defined as outbound proxy in ekiga) and then siproxd separate
> everything and send it on the channels ?

It is sending the UDP data to sipproxd for the signaling.
For RTP, it is sending a classical RTP stream to sipproxd, which relays
it to the destination server.

Make sure that you are using Ekiga 2.0.2, Ekiga 2.0.1 had problems with
sipproxed.

> Here is the architecture used :
>
>   my PC          routeur / NAT      DSL / Cable
> ----------  lan   -----------   wan ---------
> |Ekiga   |        |         |       |       |
> |siproxd |        |         |       |       |
> |        |        |         |       |       |

I think sipproxd should be on the Router. If you can not put sipproxd on
the router, then you will have to use Ekiga alone with an external
outbound proxy (you can try fwdnat2.pulver.com:5060 (or 5062, I don't
remember).
--
 _      Damien Sandras
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net