[Ekiga-list] in KDE cannot open URL's from Tools->PC-to-phone account

Edmund Laugasson ed.lau at mail.ee
Sun Aug 13 17:47:57 UTC 2006

>> But I use Kubuntu 6.06 and current latest stable KDE 3.5.4 and would
>> like to say, that I cannot open URL's from Tools->PC-to-phone account.
>> My current kernel is 2.6.15-23-386.
>
> Seems to be a bug in kubuntu. What are the results of:
> gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers

$ gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/man
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/cdda
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/aim
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/info
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/ghelp
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/h323
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/trash
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/callto
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/sip
  /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto

> gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http

$ gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http
  needs_terminal = false
  command = gnome-www-browser %s
  enabled = true

> There should be a line with something like "command = firefox %s". Make sure
> this command actually points to an installed browser (Either install the
> programm, or add/change the keys in the gconf database. You can do this for
> example
> with 'gconftool-2 -s -tstring /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command "konqueror %s"'.
> You can also use gconf-editor to change this).

I preferred gconf-editor, which I installed using apt-get. I prefer
Firefox and after I put this into gconf - everything works like a charm :)

I would like to thank you for help! My first impression from Ekiga
community is very positive!

> If an appropriate entry is missing, please file a bugreport against kubuntu.

I think, it's not really bug but it would be an issue in Ekiga's FAQ for
future's KDE users. You may see my output of your suggested commands and
use them as example in your FAQ for KDE 3.5.4 because I use this version.

Best Regards,
Edmund