[Ekiga-list] in KDE cannot open URL's from Tools->PC-to-phone account

Stefan Brüns lurch at gmx.li
Sun Aug 13 16:23:27 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, 13. August 2006 17:48 schrieb Edmund Laugasson:
> Hello!
>
> I'm writing my first letter to Ekiga list and would at first thank all
> you, who develop and test this wonderful program.
>
> But I use Kubuntu 6.06 and current latest stable KDE 3.5.4 and would
> like to say, that I cannot open URL's from Tools->PC-to-phone account.
> My current kernel is 2.6.15-23-386.

Seems to be a bug in kubuntu. What are the results of:
gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers
gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http
and
gconftool-2 -a --all-dirs /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http

There should be a line with something like "command = firefox %s". Make sure
this command actually points to an installed browser (Either install the
programm, or add/change the keys in the gconf database. You can do this for
example
with 'gconftool-2 -s -tstring /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command "konqueror %s"'.
You can also use gconf-editor to change this).

If an appropriate entry is missing, please file a bugreport against kubuntu.

Greetings,

Lurchi