[Ekiga-list] Voice arrives broken

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Aug 10 13:46:11 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 10 août 2006 à 15:38 +0200, Stefan Stolz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> i have often problems when i use sipgate over ekiga. I hear the other one
> perfect, but he hears me broken. On the same computer over the same
> connection in windows with the program x-lite i have never problems.
> I thought now this must have something to do with the codecs. So i looked what
> settings are in x-lite for the codecs. They are in this order: PCMA (I think
> this is g711a) PCMU  gsm ilbc speex. Now i went to ekiga and set the same.
> But today again the same: The other understands nearly nothing over ekiga (i
> understand him again perfect) and with x-lite its working :-/
> For info on the sipgate site stands they use:  G.729 G.711 iLBC GSM G.726
>
> Have you some ideas what i can try??

What codec are using with sipgate?
The order doesn't indicate much, what you have to know is which one is
actually used.

Also, make sure your ALSA settings are correct, do a few consecutives
tries with the echo test at ekiga.net. If it works well with ekiga.net,
then the problem is on Sipgate's side.
--
 _      Damien Sandras