[Ekiga-list] Voice arrives broken

Stefan Stolz s.newslists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:38:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

i have often problems when i use sipgate over ekiga. I hear the other one
perfect, but he hears me broken. On the same computer over the same
connection in windows with the program x-lite i have never problems.
I thought now this must have something to do with the codecs. So i looked what
settings are in x-lite for the codecs. They are in this order: PCMA (I think
this is g711a) PCMU  gsm ilbc speex. Now i went to ekiga and set the same.
But today again the same: The other understands nearly nothing over ekiga (i
understand him again perfect) and with x-lite its working :-/
For info on the sipgate site stands they use:  G.729 G.711 iLBC GSM G.726

Have you some ideas what i can try??

Thanks
Stolzi