[Ekiga-devel-list] Catch the local/remote video stream, change it and replace the stream with the new video information

Hallo,

I had looked for a videoconferencing software who I can extend. After
a little playing with google I had found ekiga, by the way it looks
like a very nice tool for my short view, at the moment.

What I try to do:

I will catch the local and remote video image (or video stream), than
do some image editing with it. After that I want replace the local and
remote video image. So I think I want to build some kind of video
proxy.

My question is, you mean it is possible to do it just with a getter an
a setter method in an kind of interface? So that I just can link
different library's to test different things.
Where is the best place in the context of  your application to do
that? The context I thing about is, grab the image before you bring it
up to the GUI element or directly after the stream is coming on from
the remote site. For the locale side I thing about to grab it directly
from the Web-Cam or also before you bring it up to the GUI element.

Thanks for your help,
Swen