Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] OSS and Ekiga: Correct using /dev/dsp device

Julien Puydt пишет:
SIEGERSTEIN a écrit :
Hi!

I'm using FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and see something strange with ekiga.

Be default sound system FreeBSD using OSS (Linux for example ALSA)
The default device is /dev/dsp

If hacking /etc/sysctl.conf to:
hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

you can make an 4 virtual chanel.

I can listen amarok, xmms, realplayer..... and it play at once without any errors.

but when I run ekiga, it say device busy, because using NOT /dev/dsp BUT /dev/dsp0.0

Its right: /dev/dsp0.0 - is busy, but when it'll be using /dev/dsp - nothing problem.

Doesn't ekiga allow you set to /dev/dsp ?

Snark on #ekiga