Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Crash on Ekiga Startup [latest]

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 06:51:12 +0100
Jan Schampera <jan schampera web de> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:12:43 +1100
> Craig Southeren <craigs postincrement com> wrote:
>
> > > A gdb backtrace is attached.
> > Nothing useful in the backtrace unfortauntely :(
>
> > Is there any chance of running a debug version and seeing if you can
> > get somethng more useful?
>
> Tonight after work.

Thanks!

> > Note that I running other applications based on OPAL CVS HEAD without
> > any problems.
>
> Yes, maybe it's some broken circumstance in Ekiga. I first thought of
> OPAL because there were changes around the H323 files recently. Also I
> may be able to downgrade step by step and triel&error if I don't find
> it with normal debugging mechanisms.

It could still be a problem in OPAL. As you say, there have been some
changes in OPAL recently, and it may be that one of those changes is
interacting badly with Ekiga. As I don't use EKiga myself, I can't say
whether this is true.

> Thanks for the fast answer :-) Do you sleep sometimes? SCNR ;)

I'm based in Australia, so my sleep time is your work time. Which is why
I am usually awake when you are asleep :)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment ? VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting