Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Unhandled exception in ekiga.exe (LIBGTK-WIN32-2.0-0.DLL)

Hi,

I'm wandering why

GTK_MENU_ENTRY("about", _("_About"),
   _("View information about Ekiga"),
   NULL, 'a',
   GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (about_callback), (gpointer) main_window,
   TRUE),

was changed too

GTK_MENU_ENTRY("about", NULL,
   _("View information about Ekiga"),
   NULL, 'a',
   GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (about_callback), (gpointer) main_window,
   TRUE),

in file main.cpp from version 2..0.4 to the most recent one?

I found out that this error is caused by the fact that function gtk_build_menu calls gtk_widget_show passing a null pointer to an widget. Because the value of stock_id is null, the value of menu_name is going to be the same of name, which is also null. Consequently gtk_build_menu is not going to be able to get a valid value to widget.
On the other hand, if the value of name is valid, for example "_About", the value of menu_name is not going to be null. And gtk_build_menu is going to be able to get a valid value to widget.

Thanks,

Andre

Andre Kirchner <supercroc1974 yahoo com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try to install Ekiga for Windows in my Windows XP box.

Unhandled exception in ekiga.exe (LIBGTK-WIN32-2.0-0.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Also, where can I find the source code of the installer?

Thanks,

Andre

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos._______________________________________________