[Ekiga-devel-list] Testers needed

Hi all,
possibly some of you have already noticed that a few weeks ago the video output
routines have been completely rewritten (again). Now, since then there have
been reported only a few small issues with this output routines, which have all
been quickly fixed, I would like to ask for a broader testing audience. There
are two ways of output implemented in SVN trunk right now: The HW-accelerated
XVideo output and the unaccelerated X output, which is completely new. Although
the X output is usually only activated if no XVideo acceleration is available,
it is possible to test force the use it via a boolean gconf variable:

/apps/ekiga/general/user_interface/video_display/disable_hw_accel

Now, it would be very helpful if soem of you could try a video call (e.g. to
500) with both disable_hw_accel set and unset. In case there are any troubles
(e.g. output not working or wrong colors), a -d 4 output posted to the list
should help me start debugging the problem.

Do not forget to reset the gconf variable to unset after your testing,
also as far as I know the snapshots are not generated at the moment (Kilian, are
you listening?), so you will probably have to pull ptlib's, opal's and ekiga's
source from svn directly.

Thanks in advance for your support,

regards,
Matthias