Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ekiga 2.1.0 svn. No output from webcam (avc1394 mini-DV camcorder).

Damien Sandras writes:
 > Hi Pawel,
 >
 > Le mercredi 05 décembre 2007 ŕ 23:50 +0100, PawelCarqowski a écrit :
 > > Hallo Group members.
 > >
 > > Camcorder is connected to firewire. Camcorder works fine with linux (tested on dvgrab and kino).
 > >
 > > problem description: ekiga displays green screen instead the picture from my camcorder (mini-DV sony dcr rtv 25E).
 > >
 > > Kernel 2.6.23.8 produces error (dmesg):
 > > raw1394: old iso ABI has been removed
 > >
 > > There is link that describes changes:
 > > http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/ABI/removed/raw1394_legacy_isochronous
 > >
 > > To fulfill the description I checked if it works on kernel 2.6.22.X.
 > >
 > > It works OK on kernel 2.6.22.1-32.fc6, I mean image from my camcorder is passed to ekiga.
 > >
 > > But warning is displayed (dmesg):
 > >
 > > raw1394: WARNING - Program "ekiga" uses unsupported isochronous request types which will be removed in a next kernel release
 > > raw1394: Update your software to use libraw1394's newer interface
 > >
 > > my system details:
 > > fedora core 6.
 > > ekiga: ekiga-svn from 2007-12-05
 > > $ rpm -qa | grep 1394
 > > libavc1394-0.5.3-1.fc6
 > > libraw1394-devel-1.2.1-1.fc6
 > > libraw1394-1.2.1-1.fc6
 > > libdc1394-1.2.2-8.fc6
 > > libdc1394-devel-1.2.2-8.fc6
 > > libavc1394-devel-0.5.3-1.fc6
 > > libdc1394_control12-1.2.2-8.fc6
 > >
 > > In fact problem is both on ekiga 2.0.11 and ekiga 2.1.0 svn.
 > >

 > We have unfortunately nobody in the team able to fix that.
 >
 > Is that some work you could do ?

Hmmm, there can also be another scenario.

Because, there is nobody in the team that is able to fix that (because nothing needed to be done around raw1394 - libraries were used), so maybe problem is not in ekiga itself, but in one of libraries that run "on behalf" of it. Maybe these libraries are not ready to utilize new kernel API or so.
Anyway I'll try to locate the problem.

regards,
Pawel