[Ekiga-devel-list] GSoC co-mentors for theora codec support

Hi all,

We have a student who wants to add support for the royalty-free theora
video codec to ekiga as a Google Summer of Code project. We can act as
primary mentors for this, based on general free software experience, and
of course specific knowledge about the the codec and its implementation,
but we fear the student won't get far without some help from someone who
understands the ekiga code, and can offer support for getting the
implementation accepted upstream.

Are any of the ekiga developers interested in acting as a co-mentor (or
primary mentor) for this project? What's your general opinion on the
project idea?

 -r

Some references for the unfamiliar:

http://xiph.org/theora/