Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] preliminary patch for X-Video support

Hello,

if I understand you and Julien correctly the best aproach would be:
write a wrapper PVideoOutputDevice_ekiga that registers with OPAL (in GMManager::GMManager()) and
may switch between multiple PVideoOutputDevices dynamically? (right now that would be GDK/SDL and
XV)

However this requires a change of the PVideoOutputDevice interface specifications if I am not
mistaken, we need some way to signal back to the wraper device that something has gone wrong and
we have to select the next-priority device. This could be e.g.
  - a init function that returns some value
  - let the setframedata function return some information
  - both
Please let me know if I understood correctly and my conclusion is correct.
Matthias