Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] fence-like levelmeter

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:21:02 +0200
thomas schorpp <t schorpp gmx de> wrote:

> 1.) ergonomics analysis
> > The animation is composed of the 5 states the widget can show
> > 0-1-2-3-4.
>
> ok, every kid with a mobile knows and can read this symbol

I got my first (own) mobile in the age of 18. But I know, times
change ;-)

> > I tried to get some color relation to the Ekiga logo (a darker
> > orange and a lighter one).
>
> mozilla does not show any brightness differences here.

Hm, maybe a bit too equal. It should give that undetectable "3D"
feeling. The darker color is only a row with 1px width.

> marketing priorities with technical meter ergonomics collision:
>
> every quality meter (like for tv-apps) must be light-green, or risk
> of user symbol misinterpretation/confusion (rising quality or error
> rate?). color steps from red over yellow to green (~<20% statistic
> median of lost packets or so) are more easy for users to report and
> communicate to the devs in case of problems. IMHO.

Uh. Do you sell TVs? Okay, will see what comes to my poor mind.

> On STUN problems the symbol should flash light red/yellow with
> f=2Hz.

A very nice idea, in general. An "alert" condition. Maybe not only
STUN, but "when I flash, read my tooltip box" or similar? Or clicking
maybe - okay, details.

J.

--
Der Mensch, der bereit ist, seine Freiheit aufzugeben, um
Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird beides verlieren.