Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] STUN usage...

Hello,

Le dimanche 26 novembre 2006 à 23:50 +0000, A. James Lewis a écrit :
> Hello again all.. .
>
> I've been getting some strange behaviour with the latest CVS, (Yes, I
> know, I expect it... but I wonder if it's interesting to anyone)...
>
> I'm not sure about the STUN service... if I sign up to 2 service
> providers, do I need a local STUN server... since is it really fair to
> connect to other providers via the ekiga STUN server?...  Should it be
> possible to configure the STUN server separately per service?

I don't think so. STUN is a global service, not dependent on the
account, having one STUN server per account would be overkill.

> Also, when I change from the ekiga.net STUN server to sipgate's one, I
> can't sign on to ekiga.net.. (works on the 2.0.3 client)...

Without a -d 4 output, I can not tell anything, but most probably the
signate stun server address is wrong when using the CVS version.

> Even worse, the client seems to get in to a pickle, after chaning these
> settings and I end up having to clean the gconf settings and start
> again, because it signs on OK, but you just get "Abnormal call
> termination" if you try to make or recieve a call..
>
> I've left it with the original configuration using the ekiga.net STUN
> server, and it's working fine... but I think that it will break again if
> I change the settings...

that's impossible...
--
 _      Damien Sandras