Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Patch to remove some code

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 06:47:29PM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dimanche 05 novembre 2006 à 17:57 +0100, Julien Puydt a écrit :
> > Damien Sandras a écrit :
> > > If you are 100% sure it doesn't break anything, yes.
> >
> > This function is only used in gmconf-glib.c, and as far as I know, the
> > win32 port is compiled against glib 2.12 now (and probably a newer
> > version when we'll move to gtk+ 2.10).
> >

> Well, Windows Millenium only has GTK+ 2.6 available.

Well, WinME has no security support anymore. Thus, whoever is running
this OS shouldn't be doing it networked. Obviously non-networked
workstations are not really best choice for running a VoIP softphone.

IMHO, Snark's patch is ok, as at some point we need to move. I haven't
checked Sarge and RHEL9 though. As neither of which does build for other
reasons (without proper backports) AFAIK, we can plain proceed.

Just my 2 €-ct.

--
Best regards,
Kilian